A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Sunday, April 7, 2019

The Vintage Polo Ralph Lauren Tie Collection




Ties started it all for Ralph and his original made in the USA offerings offer a wonderful range of 1930s-inspired designs. Actual vintage ties from that era are wonderful in their own right but I find the 30 to 40-year old RL models offer retro styling with modern tie dimensions that are more practical for present-day tailoring. Most of the vintage 1930s ties that I own make for a much shorter (and generally wider) tie, which to my eye stills works best with high waisted trousers. However, with modern day waistlines, there’s too much of a gap between the waist of the pants and the tip of a true  1930s tie. So the RLs offer a reasonable alternative if you’d like to add a little 1930s flair to your wardrobe 🤩 

No comments:

Post a Comment