A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Thursday, October 25, 2012

More Big Game Thriftin'




I've already posted pictures of my most recent thrifting finds on Style Forum, but I thought it was time I got around to throwing some pics up here at An Uptown Dandy.



It goes without saying that this was a pretty nice haul - even by An Uptown Dandy's admittedly high standards.

Pictured are Edward Green plain-toe shoes with elastic side gussets in what I believe is dark oak leather that has developed a nicely weathered patina; Berluti brogued loafers in what looks like a chestnut antique leather that was finished with a dark polish/burnish to give it that distinctly Berluti look; two pair of Alden shell cordovan loafers - one with a full-strap and the other with tassels - in the classic #8 burgundy shell cordovan color; and another pair of tassel loafers in a light brown/tan leather, made by Grenson for Paul Stuart.







The fact that all of these shoes were in my size is almost too ridiculous to believe. However, if all that weren't enough, I stumbled upon a basket full of ties and suspenders priced at $1.00. So I also came away with the creme tie with navy blue pencil-stripe tie by Polo Ralph Lauren; the pastel/rainbow stripe tie by Hermes, the navy blue tie with yellow stripe and coat of arms by Turnbull & Asser; and a pair of blue/green suspenders from Polo Ralph Lauren.



Not a bad haul for under $75.00 - Essex County continues to impress!

So get out there and keep your eyes open . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment