A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Edward Green's Malvern for Nordstrom




Its been a while since I've posted a pair of vintage Edward Green shoes, probably because I've been trying to hold to my rule about only purchasing shoes that are in my size - there just really hasn't been much out there.



I did come across this pair of dark brown wingtips made by Edward Green for Nordstrom, probably in the early to mid 1980s. The shoes are on the classic 202 last, which never goes out of style and always works well with EG's wingtip Malvern. The "EEE" width designation is fairly rare for Edward Green shoes - I don't think that I've ever actually seen a pair wider than an "F" width.



Unfortunately for me, its just a bit too wide for my size US 10D feet so I've decided to put them up for sale in the hopes that the shoes will find a good home. I think they'll fit a size 10 foot with slightly wider than normal feet, or perhaps even a smaller 10.5D.



For those who might be interested, you can find a link to the eBay auction below. I've also got another pair of chestnut cap toes for sale as well - these shoes are pretty beat up, but they're somewhat noteworthy for the diamond broguing at the rear quarters and the ridged leather seams on the cap toe (which you usually see on a semi-brogue shoe, but I can't recall seeing it on a cap toe without the traditional broguing everywhere).

http://www.ebay.com/sch/dittycom/m.html?item=301082176300&ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562




1 comment: