A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bergdorf's Men's Store: Window Dressing

One of Bergdorf's wonderful window displays - 
The reflection of The Plaza Hotel looms magnificently in the background.

I still haven't had a chance to put up some of the photos that I took during the holiday shopping season - the more iconic men's shopping destinations do a really great job putting together wonderful window displays. Bergdorf's Men's Store created some rather eclectic images built around basic one-word motifs. This one was "Dapper."



Here's "Spiffy."


And a little bit o' "Mighty."



At first, I wasn't sure what the animals were meant to signify - if anything. There were bulls and bears, so I thought perhaps there might be a "masters of the universe," Gordon Gekko-type thing going on. You know, the whole impeccably attired, Wall Street financier imagery (which, in reality, is seldom seen,  unless you believe pseudo-Jermyn Street shops (a Jermyn Street address, a Malaysian-made shirt) represent the height of sartorial sophistication). 

Then I thought perhaps it was a "Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!" thing. Sort of a "We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto" vibe. . . but I didn't see any Tigers.

Ah, well. I'm sure its something clever and simple that blew right by me.  

But wonderful displays, to be sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment