A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Tuesday, June 4, 2013

All The Pretty Cadogans: More Edward Green Semi-Brogues for Cole Haan



I first came across Edward Green's Cadogan for Cole Haan some time ago (you can view a previous post here). Although that pair is way too small for me (I think the shoes are a size 7.5), I decided to keep them because the shoes were in pristine condition - one perhaps once or twice - and I'd paid so little for them. That particular pair sits on a shelf on my third floor hallway. Since then, I've come across several other great examples of the Cadogan made for Cole Haan on Edward Green's now-defunct 33 last.





Unfortunately, they're never quite right for me, size-wise: I have a pair in size US 10.5D that are just a touch too big for my size 10 feet. Recently, I came across another pair - these were tagged as a 9.5D, but are just a touch too tight for my left foot. I've been contemplating whether to have those stretched, but I still haven't decided what to do just yet.







One day, I'll get the sizing down. In the meantime, I'm left to enjoy these fine examples of the high standards of shoe-making once held by the venerable Cole Haan company.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this valuable information with us. I greatly appreciate it. I'm eagerly anticipating more details about affordable Cole Haan shoes. Your insights are invaluable, so please continue sharing with us!
    Cole Haan Shoes

    ReplyDelete