A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Sunday, December 29, 2013

"Smooth Criminals" feature article in The Rake Issue #31




I've been praising The Rake as one of the best, if not the best, magazines on classic men's style for some time now. Certainly, the Japanese shoe magazines are something to see, but they're also something of a niche item (for shoe aficionados/obsessives like myself). As far as substantive content and amazing photography go in an English-language magazine, Wei Koh, Nick Scott, Simon Crompton & Co. may just be offering the best bang for your buck anywhere in the world. 

That, of course, would be my opinion even if the January 2014 issue did not feature an article that I wrote titled Smooth Criminals, on my book The Best Dressed Man In The Room. But I think the article looks great, and will hopefully act as something of an introduction to readers who might have an interest in the well-dressed racketeers of the Roaring Twenties but haven't come across the book yet.

Many thanks to the gentlemen of The Rake.



No comments:

Post a Comment