A Fine Man Once Said:

"Part of the 10 million I spent on gambling, part of it on booze, and part of it on women. The rest I spent foolishly."

- George Raft





Monday, March 28, 2016

"Fashion Notes from the Annual Maytime House Party Gala Week-end at Princeton University" - Apparel Arts, Spring 1934 Fabrics & Fashions Issue


With Spring and then Summer hopefully right around the corner, I thought this excerpt of an article on trends and fashions spotted on Princeton's campus in the Spring of 1934 by the editors of Apparel Arts might be inspirational to some, informative to others, and entirely over the head of the cargo pants and t-shirt crowd. In any event, I don't know about you, but it's impossible for me to not be riveted to a piece of writing that begins with the rather bold statement, "Any question as to the national popularity of gabardine can be conclusively quashed . . ."






No comments:

Post a Comment